Be Social is a premium lifestyle communications agency. With a fresh, savvy approach to modern media, we create strategies for brands to connect to their consumers. We specialize in public relations, social media marketing, influencer relations, and digital talent management. Be Social is a public relations agency for brands looking to create an awareness across multiple touch points. Our agency headquarters is located in San Diego, California… steps from the beach.
Be Social is hiring for an Executive Assistant, PR Assistant, Publicist, Talent Assistant, and Digital Assistant! Must be extremely professional, always reliable, a strong ability to multi-task, self-starter, extremely motivated, pro-active, fantastic writing skills, extensive knowledge of social media, digital marketing, and blogging. Candidate must have experience with a client-facing role, have experience working with bloggers/influencers and have a natural interest and passion for the style and beauty blogger world.
The details? 401k, pay based on experience, paid vacation, work-at-home days, Workout Wednesdays, Coffee Chats, a rad Culture Committee, Friday Social Hours, office dog, the coolest clients & more.
- Be Honest. We thrive with open, honest and transparent communication.
- Be a Team Player. We don’t act as employees or divisions, we act as a team, who supports and inspires each other from the top down.
- Be Celebratory. We celebrate success and we learn and evolve from our failures.
- Be Confident. We are each here for a reason, have confidence in your expertise and value.
- Be Passionate. We energize, engage, and inspire others through contagious passion.
- Be Innovative. We are successful via our unique methods, approaches and constant evolution.
- Be Balanced. Give your body and mind love and attention — and the better you are in every aspect of life!
- General assistance within office space, from administrative to organizing shipment and deliveries for influencer/blogger talent and Founder/Directors
- Assisting existing talent agents in various tasks, including scheduling of appointments and communicating with represented digital talent on professional matters
- Maintaining fluid communication with clientele when colleagues are absent
- Learning and developing your own set of skills as a budding talent manager in the blogger world
- Assisting in overseeing work product with interns
- Working directly with brands to see through blogger projects
- Maintain key contacts and calendars for all talent
- Outreach to brands on talent behalf
- Supporting talent needs as assigned by Director, including updating social content or blog content
- Updating talent on all happenings, including weekly reporting
- Negotiate brand deals and opportunities for talent
- Work with Influencer Director on building influencer/blogger outreach lists
- Curate relevant content to reach the audience
- Monitor, listen and respond to users in a “Social” way while cultivating leads and sales
- Conduct online advocacy and open stream for cross-promotions
- Develop and expand community and/or blogger outreach efforts
- Oversee design (ie: Facebook Timeline cover, profile pic, thumbnails, ads, landing pages, Twitter profile, and blog)
- Design, create and manage promotions and Facebook and/or Instagram ad campaigns
- Become an advocate for Be Social clients in Social Media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate
- Demonstrate ability to map out marketing strategy
- Implement a proactive strategy for capturing customer online reviews. Monitor online ratings and respond accordingly
- Monitor trends in Social Media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy
- Identify threats and opportunities in user generated content surrounding the business, report to appropriate management
- Analyze campaigns and translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising the Social Media campaigns
- Manage Digital interns
- Provide strategic and tactical support to the Senior Publicist and PR Manager in the daily management of the the PR team and its related activities
- Assist the team in the promotion of all brands and products carried within fashion and beauty and to ensure that each department and the designers and brands within are being closely monitored
- Promote Be Social and Be Social clients and its brands, campaigns, editorial content, business and tech developments, activities and events to the media, general public and external audiences globally
- Ensure Be Social clients are represented correctly and consistently across all target media
- Develop and maintain relationships with key journalists
- Host press appointments with key fashion editors in varying markets
- Assist the team with projects, product launches and events and work closely with the rest of the PR team
- General administrations and housekeeping of brand packs, press releases and boiler plates
- Assist the PR team with fact finding, writing quotes, pitches and press releases
- Assist with compiling media lists
- Assist PR team with pitching to media and journalists
- Lead/assist with photo shoots and/or broadcast segments
- Manage PR assistants and coordinators
- Lead/assist with media outreach and press strategy for Be Social clients
- Assist Be Social’s founder in day to day administrative tasks, from business operations to general personal support as related to Be Social and Be Social Talent
- Ensure administrative needs of director level staff are met
- Organize needs of agency’s Culture Committee and assist with scheduling team outings and culture events
- Organize shipments and mail, both incoming and outgoing
- Organize PR closet products and inventory
- Work with agency’s accountant in compiling expenses, receipt and organization of reports
- Oversee internship program hiring and organization
- Order agency supplies, such as snacks, paper towels, furniture and more
- Oversee job applicants and resumes and share with appropriate hiring managers and teams
- Oversee busy calendars and schedule meetings
- Coordinate domestic and international travel, including transportation, itineraries, and last minute changes that may occur
- Monitor all channels of correspondence including email and phones
- Formulate meeting minutes and determine next steps to take to resolve any issues that are discussed
- Maintain daily checklists to avoid any possible error in scheduling and otherwise
- Other ad hoc administrative duties as necessary