The sun is shining and the beaches are PACKED! It’s safe to say summer is in full swing… Our typical summer days consist of enjoying the San Diego sunshine at the beach, indulging in the best of Mexican food, BBQing with friends, and lots of sunset strolls. But, what about the days when we’re ready for a break from San Diego? To kickoff the beginning of Summer, we’ve come up with the best places to road trip with your girls this summer!
- Palm Springs – We know Coachella has passed, but we think Palm Springs is always a good idea. The drive is only 2-3 hours from San Diego, but with all the right snacks + music, it’ll be a breeze. While relaxing here you can enjoy a marg by the pool, shop till you drop at the outlets, or go hiking at the Andreas Canyon Trail for a light workout!
- Joshua Tree – It’s time to pack away the wedges and rompers and grab your tent and sleeping bag because we’re going camping! This weekend will be full of exploring and seeing how beautiful mother nature really is. You can set up camp at the Jumbo Rocks Campground, check out Hidden Valley during the day + Keys View at sunset, and enjoy some offroading on Geology Road.
- Santa Barbara – How could you not love it here? Santa Barbara is the perfect place to cruise to the beach during the day and find your way to downtown at night. Here you can treat yourself to some State Street shopping or some delicious food. In need of a hike? Check out Lizard’s Mouth Trail!
- Malibu – Just like Miley said, “The skies so blue, in Malibu.” Take the PCH up the California coast to the lovely Malibu! You’ll be almost a town over from celebrities like the Kardashian’s and Hadid’s (Gasp). Make your way to any of the famous beaches like Zuma, El Matador or Point Dume. For a cute pic, take a walk along the Malibu Pier and soak up the sun!
- Santa Cruz – Looking to find your true hippie self? You’ve come to the right place. Be ready for a chill weekend filled with the best food and beaches. Grab an acai bowl at Cafe Brazil for lunch and for dinner you’ll find yourself at Pizza My Heart for a slice of mouthwatering cheese pizza. But, don’t be late for sunset! Park a seat on the bench at Pleasure Point to check out all the surfers.
Image via @elsie_xx.