Spring has sprung, which means warmer weather and less clothes! JK (but really) –We’re shedding our winter layers and are ready for bronzed skin once again. Whether you’re a classic suntan gal or prefer a faux-tan, we’ve got you covered. Today we’re talking about how to earn + maintain the perfect tan.
Au Naturel Gals:
- Skin care above all else. To prep your skin for some sun-soaking, you should always and we mean ALWAYS wear sunscreen. It’s actually true what they say about sunscreen promoting a good tan!
- If you’re feeling a little wild and want a deep & dark tan quick, try Maui Babe. It’s a tanning oil + instant bronzer all-in-one. We swear by this stuff.
- Post sun-soaking, you should always moisturize! Also, if you’re feeling a bit crispy, definitely apply some aloe. This allows the tan to soak in AND last longer. The sun dries your skin right up so this step is crucial! *Pro Tip: The tan on your face will fade the quickest, but hydration will lock in that color. Amala Beauty offers a great facial moisturizer that will keep your skin glowing + hydrated!
- Most of the time, we prefer a faux tan because A) you’re not frying your skin and B) you can get WAY tanner. Spray tans are always a good call, but we tend to use a different alternative–St. Tropez, a DIY self tanner. This stuff is liquid gold. We can’t recommend it enough. We suggest not showering for at least 6 hours after using for ideal results.
- If you prefer to be more hands off and get a natural spray tan, try Blush Tan in San Diego! This studio provides a flawless, back-from-the-beach tan, using only natural ingredients (yes, please!).